SEX, SLEAZE AND SPAM
Arguably there is nothing less ‘authentic’ than a sales pitch. Someone who is trying to sell us something is going to say all kinds of things to close the sale. Flattery and guilt are marketers’ and bargirls’ best allies. When selling moved in a big way to online, the mentality of those seeking to sell you the latest remedy for erectile dysfunction had found a new place to nest.
Anyone who moderates a website comes face to face with the latest ways for the cunning salesperson to slink into a comment/discussion thread and put the idea in our minds that they aren’t really selling anything but should you want to buy something they have it by the cargo ship load.
Given part of the name of this website is ‘Reality Check’ the moderator must read through the comments submitted and decide which ones are from people wishing to share their views on one of our essays and those busy bee workers whose job it is to discover new pastures for the capitalist cattle to graze.
Our website has become a target for the Spam brigade, that international band of brothers and sisters, who like bounty hunters, track down any website with even the most meager numbers of daily hits as a potential source of revenue.
This website receives around 100 spams every day. If you use the word ‘sleaze’ (I raise my hand as a culprit), or ‘sex’ (over to you Barbara) or ‘Clive Owen’ (good one, Matt), or “I quit” (Colin may have been kidnapped by spammers, we are looking into his whereabouts) then the robots, spiders, and humanoid operators spring into action. They’ve tracked us down.
So what is in that sealed vault that the moderator sees and spares others from enduring. Below is a cross section of recent comments that International Crime Authors Reality Check has received. I have no doubt that this essay titled Sex Sleaze and Spam will attract another stampede of glue sniffing profit hounds who prey upon the literary minded among us. Circling like wolves around those of us who click on links inside comments, those of us who are taken in by the siren call to buy handbags, evening dresses, cocktail dresses, watches, online college courses, and interracial dating services.
The technique is to target any essay posted on the site and hope that the message looks ‘authentic enough’ to pass the moderator’s eye. Below is a cross section of recent ‘comments’ from vendors around the world. Be prepared to enter the land of flattery, guilt, and English as a 4th language.
1. Matt’s essay titled Clive Owen is Going to Die brought out the purse people just in case among Matt’s many fans there are those searching for unusual handbags.
In parties, everyone must know how to carry the unusual handbags that can draw attention to the trend of your attire.
2. My essay the Elephants and Ants didn’t produce people selling tickets to local zoos but someone offering employment in the States, where there is always a need to recruit ants, fell upon this essay like jackals on a dead zebra. There are many ways to interpret the word ‘win’ as in winner or ‘wind’ as blowing it out the backside, ‘window’ as the place to open and jump out. You decide.
This post is full of win
3. Note to self: Don’t use ‘sleaze’ because it is like honey for bears when it comes to spammers. My essay titled Sleaze and the Free Market generated a frenzy of spam feeding. For example, those flogging short evening dresses must have felt that we shared a common pool of consumers. The message below isn’t proof of aliens but starts to build a profile of people hired to write comments for the Spam kings. Making penises bigger also must have tagged the ‘sleaze’ making many people believe that size and sleaze go together. It was thoughtful that both Geraldo and Donny sent the same message from the same making penises bigger website to let me know they had to reboot the essay.
Hello right now there, I will?t entry the site properly inside Safari, I am hoping you will repair this particular!
Geraldo Carriaga makepenisbiggersecrets.com/best-topical-herbal-ma… Severy181@gmail.com 2010/11/14 at 4:21 am
When I came over to this post I can only see 50% of it, is this my online browser or the website? Should I reboot?
Donny Emano makepenisbiggersecrets.com/online-natural-male-en… Degroat170@gmail.com 2010/11/14 at 3:53 am
Strange but about 50% the post is showing up for me. Is this the internet website or my on-line browser. Should I restart my internet browser?
4. Barbara’s Bad Sex essay was given the Oxford donnish treatment by a firm flogging designs.
Not bad. Some more detail would be even better.
5. The essay titled ‘The Problem with Travel’ drew comments from those selling Replica Watches.
Fine Watches on Sale for Ladies and Men at Discount Prices. If you are interested in buying Genuine watches, take a look at our Store, Shop. http://www.replicaseller.com/replica-iwc-watches-paypal/Cousteau-Divers
6. The Clive Owen is Dead essay brought us an invitation to buy red cocktail dresses and another invitation for those who don’t easily fit into a cocktail dress. (Note to Matt: how is it that you have all the dresses chasing you?)
Hello, excellent website. I really discovered this particular on Bing, and that i am happy I did. I’ll definately be coming back right here more regularly. Wish I possibly could add to the discussion as well as bring a bit more to the desk, but am simply absorbing as much data as I can at the moment. Thank you
If you are one of those lucky ones, then you need not have to worry. However, not many of us are fortunate enough to have such a figure.
7. The essay on ‘Saving Private Books’ earned a window award. I am certain we’ve made the right choice.
Sorry for the huge review, but I’m really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.
8. The essay Captive Audience and Comfort Management: An open Letter to Jeffery A. Smisek, Preside United Airlines made me wonder if all of my essays might cause anxiety in a child or just the one about have to watch a boring video on a United Airlines flight. As for Cary’s comment about chaste women and bad men, I suggest that he/she write directly to United Airlines about those issues.
Panic and anxiety can turn into obsessive behaviour in kids if left untreated.
Goeppinger2884@gmail.com 2010/11/16 at 11:16 am
Interracial dating locale owing chaste women and bad men. Democratic chin-wag, personals, and forum supporting interracial dating betwen filthy men and pallid women.
9. The Essay on Sleaze and the Free Market produced a fairly long comment from Francisco Colgin that opens up a lot of questions about university education in the United States.
Surprising time in here; I forget to do my other activity because of your wonderful site. It doesn’t matter with me, because it is worthed and I will learn new knowledge, hope progressively I can meet with your speech. Linguists and educationalists (in my school) had conflicted and debated in several subject, I got the correction when I read the full article here. The positive effects of debatable discussion in my school are great brain for future time (for me and for my friends). Many subjects and topics with great confusing material in my school, but I have initiation step that your site has better correct conclusion. The above discussion in Linguists and educationalists is great. I’ve used several techniques for my research, for example online comparison. Would you mind if I make citation for my future project? (Of course I will tell you later, once I got the project plan in my hand). Thanks for your attention in reading my comments; you can shot me in my comment details to execute this project, so you can to be as a great part in my project.